Through the support of our sponsors, BEREADY can offer “earned” scholarships where any young person can attend our program free of charge.
The goals of our scholarship program are to:
- Stress the importance of education
- Show campers that there is no “free ride”
- Establish a sense of accomplishment after they work hard to achieve their personal goals
- Provide valuable feedback about the upcoming camp group to BEREADY which is integrated in the development of the academy curriculum
- Give every young person an opportunity to participate in a unique experience that will initiate mental, physical, and social growth for years to come
To apply, each camper will be required to:
- Attach a copy of their most recent semester or quarter school report card
Write a one page essay answering the question below.
Name your biggest personal strength and your biggest personal weakness? Explain why that is your biggest strength and weakness? Give a clear example of how your strength or weakness impacts your life on and off the basketball court. Discuss what role BEREADY can have helping your strength or changing your weakness. On your mark…Get set…Go!
Take your time to submit thoughtful responses. Then, send in your completed application before your academy session deadline below:
Omaha Scholarship deadline: Friday, June 6, 2014.
Charlotte Scholarship deadline: Friday June 20, 2014.
To apply online, please fill out the BEREADY Academy Application Form
To apply by post, please request a scholarship application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
BEREADY will respond to every scholarship application. Campers who are awarded a scholarship will be notified by email no later than June 30, 2014 in Omaha and July 7, 2014 in Charlotte.
There are a limited number of scholarships available and early applications will be given priority.
Good luck and see you at BEREADY!